Rochford Accountants, Trueman Brown, are a small firms of accountants who believe in keeping their clients up-to date with the latest developments.
Warning to employers! – don’t forget that the National Minimum Wage (NMW) and National Living Wage (NLW) is increasing from 1st April 2017.
The new rates will be as follows:-
- Over 25 years – NLW will increase from £7.20 to £7.50
- 21 – 24 year olds – NMW will increase from £6.95 to £7.05 per hour;
- 18 – 20 year olds – NMW will increase from £5.55 to £5.60 per hour;
- Over compulsory school age but not yet 18 – NMW will increase from £4.00 to £4.05 per hour;
- Apprentice rate (for apprentices under the age of 19 or 19 and over but in the first year of apprenticeship) – NMW will increase from £3.40 to £3.50 per hour.
Employers should keep up-to-date with any changes to the NMW.
If you need any further advice then please contact us here.